My Experience with Christian Leaders Institute

Christian Leaders Institute
My name is Jennifer C. Valerie from the island of Dominica in the Caribbean. I am a stay at home mom, married to a pastor and we have two boys who we homeschool.

My first experience with Christ was as a child. My paternal grandfather was a pastor and he took me to church with him. When I was 9yrs old I had to choose and began going to the Catholic church with my mom. For ten years I was out doing things that were not pleasing to God and struggling to be an obedient child to my parents. Though I remained a virgin I was by no means sexually pure and I used profanity regularly, went to discos with my cousin and many other shameful things.

In His graciousness the Lord brought me back to Himself at age 19. At that point my life changed so drastically that people in my village were making comments such as, "If she can get saved I can get saved too." Peace came into my heart and I no longer struggled to do right. My zeal for the Lord had me going to church each time the doors were opened. My mentor took me to all crusades, prayerwalks and anything she was involved in. I was thoroughly immersed in ministry training almost from the beginning. My friends were pastors and preachers and ministers. From there my desire to be in full time ministry was birthed.

I have been involved both as a single young adult and a married woman in just about every ministry except Men's Ministry. I have served on the Youth Leadership Team, taught Sunday School, Women's Ministry Director, Assistant Women's Ministry Director, usher, cleaner, secretary of different groups, outreach team, prayer team, counseling, deliverance ministry, marriage counseling. Whatever my hands found to do I did because one of my spiritual gifts is that of helps.

As led by the Lord I have been the Christian Education Director at the congregation where we serve for a few years now and am also on the Youth Leadership Team and on the Women's Ministry Leadership Team. Just recently the Bishop of our Pentecostal denomination asked me to serve as the Christian Education Director nationwide.

I hold the basic credential offered by our denomination but in order to receive further upgrades of my credentials I need to have some sort of Bible School training. Our denomination has a Bible School but it's located on another island. Recently one of the programs was placed online but at this time in our lives we are unable to afford it. I searched and searched online to find the training I was looking for. In my search I found Christian Leaders Institute.

The courses offered at CLI hold much promise to help me be further trained and be better equipped for ministry in and out of our church and denomination. Having a scholarship at Christian Leaders Institute has helped me to gain the training I need to excel in ministry. Since we are unable to afford the cost of regular seminary training online this scholarship has meant a whole lot as I continue to walk in the areas of ministry that God has called me to and placed me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment